Did I take a vacation à la française? Not really. Between being sick for the first week and a half in August and getting very busy writing articles for Artisan Resource, and working on two PR projects for two self-published authors, plus my own writing it kept me away from the Scrivener, Tinderbox, Scapple tutorials as well as those not-so-astute observations. But a few things of interest did occur during my brief sabbatical, to wit:
- An unpleasant confrontation with one of the members of the writing group that I co-moderate. We’re not opposed to debate, but when it gets personal and buttons get pushed to egg another member that’s when we have to step in. The bully was advised to be respectful, but she did not heed our warning and continued to be disrespectful. We had to make the hard decision to revoke her membership. And that’s never a fun thing to do.
- I’ve been invited to speak at webinar and show how to use the various writing software I like and use. I’m excited, I’m nervous, and I have no clue of what to say. Stay tuned.
- I might be teaching a Scrivener/Scapple course for Savvy Authors. Now I need to figure out the syllabus. Once I know if it’s a go, I will post the dates and how to sign up for the class.
- I have taken zygote steps towards THE BIG PLAN. And what is that? Shh, it’s still very premature to talk about.
- I have signed up for a course via The Renegade Writer because I feel I need a bit of a boost (not to mention more work).
- Finally, last but not least, I have made huge leaps in Julius. And this time without any empty promises or hesitation, I think I can comfortably say that I will finish it by Thanksgiving. Yeah, yeah, how many times have you read that? But I finally figured it all out. I had elements in there that are influenced by the genres I read, but I just didn’t see it.
And that just about sums it up. I’ll have a few tutorials this week so stay tuned…